Monday, September 14, 2009

The Memory Of Running

by Ron McLarty

This is also one of my fav book. I didnt know the author before. Just read the synopsis at the back and bought it. Well it was worth it though :)

It is about this guy "Smithy". He's 40 something, over weight, keep himself numb with food and alcohol. One day his parents die in a car crash. Then he learns of the death of his long lost sister "Bethany" in LA County. Suddenly there isn't enough beer in the world to keep him from his feelings. Drunk and bereft, he takes his old Raleigh bicycle and starts cycling. Once he starts, he can't stop and then he's riding across America to recover his sister. Along the way he meets all sorts of people who help or hinder him.


I like reading about people..ordinary people with great experience. Their stories somehow make me think of myself. I have never done something big..something risky. Though I have always wanted to challenge myself. I like this Japanese word: 「冒険」. This word pronouce as "BOUKEN" which means "adventure". I have always wanted some BOUKEN...but do not have the guts yet..haha..

Anyway, this is a good book..very interesting!

I dont have the book now because I have given it to my friend. I hope he will treasure it as I did because I m not easily giving up my treasure :)


追伸:「奇跡の自転車」という日本語版もでているみたい!すごい!



★★★★


3 comments:

ポラリス said...

salam sensei!!!
dah jumpa dah blog sensei:D
bagus2..nanti sensei bagitau la lagi novel yang best2.. boleh saya carik kat sini dan baca..sekarang dah tak boleh pinjam dari sensei lagi..:(
待ってます、次の小説。

ポラリス said...

Sensei, selamat hari raya!! Maaf zahir dan batin:D

Has said...

Selamat hari raya papah! jgn bnayk menangis nanti muka sembab :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

w.a.g.a.m.a.m.a.j.i.n.s.e.i Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template