It's not a novel but it's a short stories compilation, 7 stories to be exact and is belong to my dear husband.
He's John Grisham's fan and has almost all of the John Grisham's..more than 10 for sure.
Well, I would say it was a typical John Grisham's...such as; lawyers, courthouses, Carlton (name of a town which had appeared several times in his novels), small town people conflicts (southerners of American) etc.
Of all 7, I like "Michael's Room", "Quiet Haven" and " Funny Boy" the most.
"Michael's Room" was about a lawyer kidnapped by a father whose son has brain damage since 3 and who was defeated in court against a doctor...the doctor was presented by a scum lawyer..
"Quiet Haven" was about a stalker hunts victims in a retirement home..and "Funny Boy" was about a young man..having infected by AIDS and dying at a small town..
About 30-50 pages for each story and, an easy reading English.
★★★★
18th book, 2010
By the way, my husband has finished reading this book..."Malaysian Maverick" a few weeks ago.
This book was once banned in Malaysia but when it was released it has become Malaysian Best Sellers.
Well, I am not into politics so I would need some きっかけ to read the book but my husband said it was indeed very very very interesting book. So for those interested...どうぞ! :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment